HAPPY NEW YEAR! HAPPY NEW YOU ! WELCOME TO 2016!
We’re 10 days in!
2015 was comprised of 4 moments that changed my outlook & tested me.
1. JUNE 2014-MAY 2015 – Felt stuck/boxed in my first job after graduation. Saw myself bringing work home with me and feeling miserable in every aspect. Had many nudges & pushes from God to make a move toward more and did not.
2. MAY – Traveled to Cabo, Mexico and had an Aha!/ “Eat, Pray, Love” moment on a beach early in the morning with my bestie. We admired God’s beauty and listened to Him speak through the waves. If only I knew He was telling me that something big was about to change.
3. JUNE – After returning from my trip I was laid off from my job. When God says move… YOU GOT TO MOVE!
I went through 2 months of confusion/ shock, 2-3 months of enjoying the time of relief and freedom, no longer feeling boxed in, realizing that God found a way to move me since I wouldn’t make the move on my own. 1-2 months of depleted savings but still stayed strong.
4. DECEMBER 2015 – JANUARY 2016 – Dealt with meaningless, short-lived “relationships” with guys that showed so many clues that they didn’t feel the same. Finally gave it ALL to God and asked him to show me if he wanted me to stay living in the DMV area… God said YES! He blessed me with a job to keep me here & allow me to continue searching for a full time position.
What I Know For Sure For 2016 …
1.Move when God says Move. He always gives us multiple clues. Stop saying it & do it!
2. Don’t bring work home with you.When you walk out its like the first day of summer break (for the rest of the day lol).
3. The best things in life take time to build. Stop rushing!
4. You don’t have to wonder if he’s into you, he will make the time & effort and show you.
5. Don’t accept anything half-assed. & Keep learning! Go get that certification or degree ! (& don’t do it half-assed haha!)
6. Give Back, Volunteer, Mentor! Even just paying for the person behind you from time to time.
7. Continue Growing closer to God. Keep giving it All to Him & being an open vessel.
8. Truly be who you think you are & Celebrate yourself! Treat yourself to gifts & prizes for small and big accomplishments!
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need any advice!
XO, A fellow Sunflower