HAPPY NEW YEAR ! It’s still January so I’m allowed to say that! Welcome to all the new readers and all of my continuous supporters, I truly appreciate you taking the time to read my blog. I also want to give my Sunflowers group a special shout out! They’ve inspired me and given me so many ideas and support, thank you for BEING YOU !
2016 WRAP UP.
My greatest takeaway was to not take relationships & connections for granted. Respect the value of every friendship, acquaintanceship, family member, etc. Value their time and presence. Show them that you appreciate them. Another takeaway is people are going to do what they want to do! You don’t have to wonder… if they don’t show up or didn’t text/call you back, it’s because they didn’t want to. Just like God will make a way out of what seems like no way, a person that really wants to, WILL. Also, Be Present Always!
THE SUNFLOWERS 2O16 TAKEAWAYS:
- I learned that it’s ok to seek professional help/counseling on your journey of self care. Therapy has been a major blessing for me since I’ve begun going. I’ve learned ALOT about myself and been able to start connecting the dots that make up the person I am. I look forward to my weekly sessions and unfolding the pieces of me; unloading all of the crap I have to deal with or cloud my mind with while getting more comfortable with taking care of myself to ensure I can be the best version of ME.
- My greatest advice that I can share would be: don’t be afraid to jump! Whether it be in your relationships, career, hobbies or interest; it’s worth it!
- My greatest advice as a twenty something is…you can’t have it all right now. Be patient everything will fall into place.
- Greatest advice: when the day is done, it’s done. Don’t focus on yesterday or what you can’t change. Try again and do your best tomorrow
- my advice is to love, embrace, & invest yourself no matter what other people think
- Be present and cherish the people, opportunities, and time you have right because loss is inevitable. At this time, it is perfectly fine to not have it all together right now. Your 20’s are the foundation of learning the in’s and out’s of who you are and aspire to be. Lastly, never stop trusting in God! He will provide in ways unimaginable! Seek Him first, focus on yourself, and love the skin you’re in.
- really monitor your words, and to be more conscious of your complaints and talking about other people. I’ve been working on that as well. Honesty it has really helped me to become a better person.
2017 : The Year of Rise
My mantra for 2017 is No Excuses, Only Execution. I feel like the major thing holding me back in 2016 was excuses of why this and that. Just deal with it and PUSH THROUGH. I would often blame my work schedule for why I couldn’t network like I wanted to but there are so many other avenues. I used the excuse of what I dealt with in my previous job as why I was having a hard time being super confident in interviews and so much more. Anyway…2017 NO EXCUSES!!! Time to rise up to any and every occasion!!! Rise Up Sunflowers the Time is Now!
Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions, ideas or need any advice!
XO, A fellow Sunflower